J. B. Shelton Academy middle and high
school, covering grades 5-12, is the "school of your dreams"!
Each child works at his or her own pace. Some students complete two grades in one year; other students may require
two years to complete one grade. Our method is basically tutorial, and instruction is usually one-on-one. We are
sensitive to differences in learning styles, as well as differences in educational goals. Our attendance policies
are designed to accommodate family vacations, educational travel, or absences required by family emergencies. Our
school is in session Monday through Thursday, 8:30 A.M. to approximately 12:00 Noon. Arrival time is flexible, and
students may leave when their work is completed. We believe that school hours are for
school work, not for "killing
We are fully
accredited by the National Private Schools Accreditation
Alliance, an association for non-traditional schools. Our teachers are experienced, well-qualified,
dedicated, and caring. They understand that each child is special, differing from others mentally,
emotionally, and physically; they treat each as unique in his or her abilities, talents, and interests.
Shelton has no entrance or exit exams; instead, we meet each child "where the child is" and endeavor to help
that child to attain his or her own personal goals.
How can you tell if your child needs Shelton
Is he or she
- Achieving below actual ability?
- Having difficulty with oral or reading comprehension?
- Having problems with sounds and symbols?
- Having problems with math facts and problem solving?
- Exhibiting inconsistent behaviors?
- Fighting ADD or similar conditions?
- Making homework a nightmare?
- Showing signs of stress and high levels of anxiety?
- Suffering from lack of positive reinforcement?
- Struggling with low self-esteem?
- Standing in need of a shorter school day? A shorter school week?
- Chafing at artificial limits or unnecessary demands on his or her time?
Is your child simply impatient with schools that can hold students back? Would your child prefer
an environment where grade level does not place limits on achievement
or unnecessary demands on time? Is acceleration indicated?
Or, is he or she capable of handling schoolwork efficiently, with time left over for a vocation or an
avocation? Shelton presents unique answers for unique people at
all educational levels!
This web site does not
display any third party advertising, but may be subject to Google's
online behavioral tracking technology. You can learn more about our policies regarding online behavioral tracking